beach background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quilt for Emily Miller

Melinda Miller, a member of our ward, died recently of melanoma--a battle she had been fighting for the past three years. She was only in her early 40's and left a husband and three children. I had the privilege of sewing together quilt squares that had been cut into 4" squares from her clothing to make this quilt for her youngest daughter Emily who is 14 years old. Two more quilts were made by other ward members--one for her daughter, Erica, and one for her son, Jacob. It took me a couple of weeks to organize the squares and sew them together and during that time I thought a lot about Melinda and her family and how important and wonderful my family is to me.

1 comment:

Driel said...

What a neat idea! The quilt is beautiful.